Barbara Rose Giboney
May 19, 1923 – Jun 3, 2016
- Barbara Rose (Uttendorfer) Giboney devoted Wife and Loving Mother (Betty)
- Age 93
- Born in Renton, WA on May 19, 1923
- Died Friday June 3, 2016
- Parents: Michael Uttendorfer and Betty (Scheierbrand ? ) Uttendorfer
- Graduated from Foster High School June of 1941
- Married to George A. Giboney for 72 years. (George Died Dec 12, 2013)
- She was known as “Betty” and was active in the Presbyterian Church in Foster. She Met George (a Minister’s son) through the church and school. He played sports including tennis and loved airplanes and cars and they dated while at Foster High School.
Betty and George loved Boating starting out with a small runabout towing a rowboat over to Vashon Island with their children in tow for a picnic, to an 18 foot cabin cruiser in the late 1950’s and ultimately to a 42 foot diesel powered Trawler –style Yacht which they lived aboard for nearly 20 years. Betty loved the fishing, the sea air and the adventure, and George was the captain of his ship and navigated with a high level of expertise in local Puget Sound Waters and also on the open ocean.
Betty raised four boys while working for the Phone Company, Boeing Company, and Snohomish School District. She was the neighborhood Mom that all the kids gravitated to and she was always happy to have them around.
She was preceded in death by her father and mother, Sister Rosina (Gramman), Brother Sonny (in infancy).
She is survived by Sons: George A Giboney Jr. (Patsy), Richard M, Thomas E (Constance), and Steven A (Connie).
Grandchildren: Brian, Brett, (Richard), Cara, Colin, Dean, Timothy (Thomas), Curtis (Steve).
Great Grandchildren: Andrew and Anna Jennings (Cara), Emma, Joshua, and Hannah (Colin), Nora, Caleb and Luke (Dean), Isabelle and Emmett (Timothy), Kailee and Kaden (Brett), Grayson (Brian)
Funeral Arrangements: WA Memorial Funeral Home Chapel, Washington Memorial Park, SeaTac, WA
Viewing for family : Wednesday June 8, 2016 from 1 to 2 pm
Open Viewing: Wednesday June 8, 2016 from 2 to 5 pm
Memorial in chapel: When: Thursday June 9, 2016 1:00 Pm
Graveside burial approx 2:30 pm
This obituary is provided by Bonney-Watson, providing caring and compassionate funeral, cremation and cemetery services since 1868. We have a professional staff, four funeral homes, two cremation facilities and one of the largest cemeteries south of Seattle, as well as a comprehensive grief support program.