BONNEY WATSON is closely monitoring and evaluating the ever-changing status of the coronavirus (COVID-19) that is impacting both our local communities and the world at large.
We want to assure all of you that we are committed to protecting the safety and well-being of all those who place their trust in us, including our employees, client families, guests, and the communities we are privileged to serve.
The Governor has sent an update to his Stay at Home restrictions enacted by the State of Washington that allows for funeral or graveside services for attendees with social distancing in place. In the interest of protecting the safety and wellness of our employees, the families we serve, and the public at large, we have adopted the following operating practices:
- All our facilities will be closed to the general public, but on-call staff will be readily available to perform essential functions, including:
- Providing information via the telephone.
- Transfer deceased individuals into our care.
- Complete arrangement conferences remotely using email, phone, and fax.
- Perform embalming if requested by the family.
- Perform direct cremation, burial and/or entombment of the deceased.
- All ceremonies, visitations, and committal services will be limited to attendees based upon social distancing guidelines. In accordance with the CDC guidelines, deceased individuals who test positive for COVID-19 or are potential positive test cases cannot have an open casket viewing.
- Anyone attending a scheduled activity is required to provide their own mask and wear it for the duration of the activity.
- If arrangement conferences cannot be completed remotely, we will meet with families in-person at our facilities, but they will be limited to the person(s) with the right to control disposition (up to 3 people).
The CDC has provided helpful answers to frequently asked questions about how the COVID-19 virus impacts funerals at the following link – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html#funerals.
We are facing a truly unique time as the situation with the novel coronavirus continues to evolve, and we recognize that this affects everyone in different ways. As the oldest continuously operating business in the State of Washington, we recognize the importance of the rituals and traditions you hold dear, and we realize how these restrictions impact your ability to honor your loved one the way you wish.
Even in these uncertain times, BONNEY WATSON remains committed to serving your family with the utmost empathy, respect, and professionalism; and we are available 24 hours per/day, 7 days per/week to assist you with the care of your loved one. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can help or if you have any questions – (206) 242-1787.
We appreciate your understanding.
Cameron A. Smock