Linda Irene Cook
Feb 19, 1947 – Nov 1, 2012
Linda Irene was born in 1947 to Robert and Irene Burgess. As the super talkative middle child, she was well loved by her parents and her siblings, Richard Burgess and Mary Klug. The family lived together in McMicken Heights until they moved into their dream home in Burien in 1956. Linda attended Sunnydale Elementary and went on to Highline High School. The Burgesses went to church at Glendale Lutheran.
At Western Washington University, she studied elementary education and met the ever-charming David Cook. They were married in 1967 and started their wonderful life together in Bellingham.
Linda taught fifth grade and really enjoyed her classes. She often commented on how she loved to work with students this age because they could understand her jokes!
After moving to the Renton/Bellevue area, they got involved in a start up church at Haggen's Barn that eventually became Lord of Life Lutheran. Linda served on church council in many capacities over the years and devoted a lot of her time to helping manage the church's finances. The Lord of Life community was so very important to her and she felt at home with her church family.
Linda and Dave bought their current home in 1977 and have been fiddling with it ever sense. Over the past few years, Linda spent a great deal of her time planning and executing a gigantic kitchen remodel as well as completely redesigning the landscape of the back yard.
After her three (awesome) children were born and old enough, she went back to work as a bookkeeper. In later years, she enjoyed her retirement and selling cosmetics.
Linda was always an incredible cook- full of creativity in trying recipes and figuring out new and fun variations on classic family favorites!
Her children, Michael David, Christopher John and Megan Lynn share warm memories of Linda as a mother, mentor, friend and advisor.
~deeply missed & always in our hearts~
This obituary is provided by Bonney-Watson, providing caring and compassionate funeral, cremation and cemetery services since 1868. We have a professional staff, four funeral homes, two cremation facilities and one of the largest cemeteries south of Seattle, as well as a comprehensive grief support program.