Charles Leonard Walker
October 25, 1905 - November 1, 1994
CHARLES LEONARD WALKER
Remembering Dad on his birthday October 25 with attributes and values respected and loved:
- Loyal to his family
- Steady at the helm, a calming influence
- Behind the scenes negotiator and peace maker
- Loved his modern home in Des Moines Washington
- Passionate at cribbage, pinochle and canasta, a winner and a team player with good friends.
- Enjoyed reading the Wall Street Journal as a capitalist, small businessman and small farmer.
- Gratefully admired his uncle, Harry Woodruff, vice president and manager of United States Graphite, who selected and furnished in every detail a tiny trailer in which Dad and Mom lived throughout the Great Depression along the Pacific Coast of Washington State.
- An independent, good-spirited survivor.